Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
By Eat Low Sodium
After Halloween, there isn't better way to use pumpkins than making sweet pumpkin dessert with them! Feel free to change the sugar amount mentioned below per your taste/diet. It is also optional to marinate peeled and sliced pumpkins in sugar for several hours. If you start cooking them without marinating first, please add a cup of water in the cooking pan.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 mid-size pumpkin (4-5 pounds)
- 3 cups of sugar (amount depends on your taste/diet)
- 2 cups of crushed walnuts (optional)
- Cut the pumpkin into thick slices. Watch your hands and fingers while cutting it! Then peel the slices and cut them into big cubes.
- Pour the cubes in a cooking pan with lid and then the sugar over it.
- Marinate the pumpkin-sugar mix overnight or for 4-5 hours. If you skip this step, please add a cup of water.
- Cook the pumpkin on medium heat for several hours until it is very soft.
- If you like, spread crushed walnuts on the dessert and keep it in fridge to cool it before serving.
- Bon appetit!