Pea Puree Recipe
By Eat Low Sodium
Puree is a general term used usually for cooked vegetables that have been ground, pressed or blended. The following puree recipe is made with peas and few other low sodium ingredients.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup of peas (please choose low sodium cans)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of butter (unsalted butter is better)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Drain the water from the peas. Blend the peas and milk in a food processor until the mixture is smooth.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add flour. Mix well until the flour is golden yellow color.
- Pour the pea mixture into the pan and add garlic. Stir them well for about 10 minutes. Continue stirring while cooking.