Mushroom Casserole Recipe
By Eat Low Sodium
Casserole is a French word for saucepan. It is also a term used for food cooked in this sort (large and deep) of cookware. In the U.S. it is an integral part of potlucks. The following recipe consists of vegetables and cheese only. If your diet allows, feel free to add tuna, rice or potatoes to the recipe.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms
- 1/2 medium-size onion
- 1 medium-size tomato
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter (unsalted butter is better)
- 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper or cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Cut the tomato in little pieces, and the onion and green pepper julienne.
- Place the onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes in the casserole dish (hot pot). Put the butter in pieces. Add black pepper and red pepper in quantities you like.
- Cover the dish with its lid. If your dish does not have a lid, then cover the dish with an aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven at 400 Fahrenheit. Place the dish in oven and cook it for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the lid. Place the mozzarella cheese on the meal and put it back in the oven for 2 minutes in order to melt the cheese.