Eggplant and Zucchini Recipe
By Eat Low Sodium
This recipe shows how to make a light vegetarian meal with eggplant, zucchini, tomato and variety of peppers.
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 eggplants
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 4 gloves of garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chili pepper (to taste)
- Cut off both ends of zucchinis and peel outsides. Cut them in two pieces lengthwise, and then cut horizontally in pieces (1/2 inches). Cut tomatoes in little pieces, and onions julienne. Set them aside.
- Cut eggplants in the same way you did for zucchinis. Soak them in the cold water for 30 minutes. Then drain the water, squeeze each eggplant slices to drain the excess water. Set them aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. When the oil is warm, add onions and cook until they soften. Add peppers, zucchinis, eggplants, tomatoes and garlic all together. Add hot water. Cover the lid and cook for about 20 minutes on low heat.
- If you like your meal spicy, you can add chili pepper and black pepper.
- Place the meal on a service plate. Keep it in the fridge and serve it when cold. Preferably, you can serve it warm as well.