Carrot Dip Recipe
By Eat Low Sodium
This recipe is for a delicious, low sodium carrot dip from Mediterranean region, locally known as carrot meze.
Yield: 2 servings
- 5 carrots
- 1 of onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Cut off both ends of carrots and peel outsides. Grate the carrots, cut onions into little pieces and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. When the oil is warm, add onions and cook until onions soften. Add the grated carrots. Cover the lid and cook for about 5 minutes on high heat and 10-15 minutes in medium heat. Stir them often. Cooking time varies depending on the freshness of the carrots.
- Prepare the yogurt sauce separately. One cup of yogurt would be sufficient. It depends on the thickness of yogurt. I prefer Greek yogurt. Add minced garlic, mayo into the yogurt and set aside.
- Place the cooked carrots on a service plate. Add the yogurt sauce and mixed them together. Sprinkle chopped parsley. Keep in the fridge and serve when cold.