Baby Bok Choy with Pine Nuts Recipe
By Eat Low Sodium
Bok Choy is a Chinese vegetable that is available in many supermarkets in the U.S. Like almost all vegetables it has very low sodium content. In this recipe, we use green onions, garlic and pine nuts to add taste to this salad without using salt.
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 lb baby bok choy
- 3 stalks of green onions including green ends, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds (optional)
- Rinse the bok choy, separate the larger leaves from base by holding the smaller leaves together.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. When the oil is warm enough, add green onions and garlic. Stir for 3 minutes. Add the bok choy and stir them for about a minute. Cover the lid and let the bok choy cook for approximately 5-7 minutes in low heat.
- Place the pine nuts or sliced almonds in a non-stick pan. Roast them without any oil until the nuts turns golden color.
- Place the cooked bok choy in a service plate. Spread the roasted nuts over the bok choy.